I have been craving meatballs the past couple of days! Do you ever get those cravings? The best thing about meatballs is that you can make them any flavor profile, so I used this craving to help clean out the refrigerator! I had limes, ginger, cilantro, and a red bell pepper. Why not pull of some Thai food?! All I needed from the grocery was meat, coconut milk, and a can of diced tomatoes.
I made Red Curry Meatballs!
It’s a simple recipe that sounds fancy. Make the meatballs.
Then brown them on the stove making sure not to cook them all the way. They will finish cooking in the red curry sauce later.
Then saute a little ginger, garlic, and onion in a pan. Add coconut milk and diced tomatoes with a few tablespoons of red curry paste. And then add the meatballs back to the pan to cook through.
Serve over your favorite rice, and you’ve got a special Thai meal that’s heaven on the taste buds, easy on the wallet, and quick to whip up!
Red Curry Meatballs
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 onion minced
2 tbsp. fresh ginger minced
2 tbsp. fresh garlic minced
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
salt and pepper (1 tsp. each)
1 tbsp. sambol oleleck (optional..we like it hot)
Red Curry Sauce:
1/2 onion chopped
2 tbsp. fresh ginger chopped
2 tbsp. fresh garlic chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 can coconut milk
1 can diced tomatoes
2 – 3 tbsp. red curry paste
1 cup cooked rice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then prepare 1 cup of rice according to the package instructions.
2. In a large bowl mix all of the meatball ingredients together and form into 2 inch balls. Place in the fridge to set for up to 30 minutes.
2. In a large cast iron skillet brown the meatballs over medium heat. DO NOT COOK ALL THE WAY THROUGH. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. In same skillet add onions, ginger, bell peppers, and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the red curry paste and combine. Then add the coconut milk and tomatoes. Return the meatballs to the skillet.
4. Place the skillet with meatballs and curry mixture in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Serve over rice.
LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE RECIPES==> DeAnna Lee’s Facebook Page